Capitalized terms not defined herein shall have the meaning ascribed to them in the applicable agreement between you and Ross Video.
We have prepared this Acceptable Use Policy (the “Policy”) to help us describe prohibited uses of the Services offered by Ross Video. The examples described in this Policy are not exhaustive. We may modify this Policy at any time by posting a revised version to our website. By using the Services or accessing our website, you agree to the latest version of this Policy.
In this Policy, the following terms have the following meanings:
“Content” means: (1) any information, data, text, software, code, scripts, music, sound, photos, graphics, videos, messages, tags, interactive features, or other materials that you post, upload, share, submit, or otherwise provide in any manner to the Services; and (2) any other materials, Content, or data you provide to Ross Video or use with the Services.
“Services” refers to all websites owned or operated by Ross Video as well as any Products (i.e., Hosted Services and related Documentation).
“System” means any network, computer or communications system, software application, or network or computing device.
Please read the following terms carefully.
No Security Violations
You may not use the Services to violate the security or integrity of any System. Prohibited activities include:
- probing, scanning, or testing the vulnerability of any System or network that hosts our Services
- Tampering with, reverse-engineering, or hacking our Services, circumventing any security or authentication measures, or attempting to gain unauthorized access to the Services, related Systems, networks, or data
- Modifying, disabling, or compromising the integrity or performance of the Services or related Systems, network or data
- Deciphering any transmissions to or from the servers running the Services
- Overwhelming or attempting to overwhelm our infrastructure by imposing an unreasonably large load on our Systems that consume extraordinary resources (CPUs, memory, disk space, bandwidth, etc.), such as:
- Using “robots,” “spiders,” “offline readers,” or other automated systems to sends more request messages to our servers than a human could reasonably send in the same period of time by using a normal browser
- Inundating a target with communications requests so the target either cannot respond to legitimate traffic or responds so slowly that it becomes ineffective
- Interfering with the proper functioning of any System, including any deliberate attempt to overload a System by mail bombing, news bombing, broadcast attacks, or flooding techniques
- Operating network services like open proxies, open mail relays, or open recursive domain name servers
- Monitoring of data or traffic on our Systems without permission
- Forging TCP-IP packet headers, e-mail headers, or any part of a message describing its origin or route
- Going far beyond the Scope of Use or any use parameters for any given Service as described in its corresponding Documentation
- Consuming an unreasonable amount of storage in a way that’s unrelated to the purposes for which the Services were designed
No Illegal or Harmful Activities
- Misrepresentation of yourself, or disguising the origin of any Content (including by “spoofing”, “phishing”, manipulating headers or other identifiers, impersonating anyone else, or falsely implying any sponsorship or association with Ross Video or any third party)
- Using the Services to violate the privacy of others, including publishing or posting other people’s private and confidential information without their express permission, or collecting or gathering other people’s personal information (including account names or information) from our Services
- Using the Services to stalk, harass, or post direct, specific threats of violence against others
- Using the Services for any illegal purpose, or in violation of any laws (including without limitation data, privacy, and export control laws)
- Accessing or searching any part of the Services by any means other than our publicly supported interfaces (for example, “scraping”)
- Using meta tags or any other “hidden text” including Ross Video’s or our suppliers’ product names or trademarks
No Inappropriate Communications
- Using the Services to generate or send unsolicited communications, advertising, chain letters, or spam
- Soliciting our users for commercial purposes, unless expressly permitted by Ross Video
- Disparaging Ross Video or our partners, vendors, or affiliates
- Promoting or advertising products or services other than your own without appropriate authorization
No Inappropriate Content
- Posting, uploading, sharing, submitting, or otherwise providing Content that:
- Infringes Ross Video’s or a third party’s intellectual property or other rights, including any copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret, moral rights, privacy rights of publicity, or any other intellectual property right or proprietary or contractual right you don’t have the right to use
- Is deceptive, fraudulent, illegal, obscene, defamatory, libelous, threatening, harmful to minors, pornographic (including child pornography, which we will remove and report to law enforcement, including the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children), indecent, harassing, hateful
- Encourages illegal or tortious conduct or that is otherwise inappropriate
- Attacks others based on their race, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, disability, or medical condition
- Contains viruses, bots, worms, scripting exploits, Trojan Horses, time bombs, cancelbots or other similar materials
- Is intended to be inflammatory
- Could otherwise cause damage to Ross Video or any third party
Our Monitoring and Enforcement of this Policy
We reserve the right, but do not assume the obligation, to investigate any violation of this Policy or misuse of the Services. We may:
- Investigate violations of this Policy or misuse of the Services;
- Remove, disable access to, or modify any Content or resource that violates this Policy or any other agreement we have with you for use of the Services or our website;
- Without affecting any other remedies available to us, permanently or temporarily terminate or suspend a user’s account or access to the Services without notice or liability if we, in our sole discretion, determine that a user has violated this Policy or has authorized or helped others to do so; or
- Report any activity that we suspect violates any law or regulation to appropriate law enforcement officials, regulators, or other appropriate third parties. Our reporting may include disclosing appropriate customer information. We also may cooperate with appropriate law enforcement agencies, regulators, or other appropriate third parties to help with the investigation and prosecution of illegal conduct by providing network and systems information related to alleged violations of this Policy.
If you become aware of any violation of this Policy, you will immediately notify us and provide us with assistance, as requested, to stop or remedy the violation.